Friday, August 7, 2009

Presidency Message

“But charity is the pure love of Christ, and it endureth forever; and whoso is found possessed of it at the last day, it shall be well with him.” Moroni 7:47

As we continue to learn of Christ through the scriptures and life experiences our souls are strengthened. Our hearts tend to be opened and our desire to become more like Christ becomes stronger.

We feel the love that Christ has for us, which in return gives us a desire to love others.

One of the ways we can show love is by serving willingly. In order to do this we should pray earnestly and opportunities will be opened to us through the Spirit.

Our service should be selfless, quiet, full of love and our hearts should continually ponder on that without charity we ourselves have nothing.

-Sister Shawna Pay
Relief Society Secretary

2 comments:

lacie tidwell said...

I LOVE the message- and I love the blog!!!! Ok, so my preschool website is mslaciesmontessori.blogspot.com and our family website is ry4lace.blogspot.com- also I had a question- whose the ward clerk to set up recommend interviews with the bishop? It was on the program and I forgot it yesterday-go figure- if you have his name/and or number of email to pass on to me that's be awesome! I am just LOVING this ward- everyone is so nice and freindly and I am excited to be a part of it- I am also happy to answer any questions about my preschool or montessori in general- feel free to pass on my name and number (702) 858-1800 lacie_tidwell@yahoo.com thanks!:)

lacie tidwell said...

Ok- got ahold of Bro. Loveland- this ward is awesome! thank you presidency for coming over to wish me a happy birthday! you guys are wonderful!!!!:) anyhow, some supplies I still need are: modeling clay (brown especially), ziploc square tupperware containers, gluesticks, markers, crayons, cheap 8-10 4x6 frames- nothing fancy- $ store?,electronic pencil sharpener CONSTRUCTION PAPER ALL COLORS, ink pad for stamp, CD player, art supplies: buttons, gemstones, sequence, feathers, paper plates, tissue paper, beads, mini bells, pipe cleaners, glitter, pom poms (anything art related) games for ages 3,4,5,or 6 (anything! hi ho cheery-o, candyland, any fun games that you no longer use!) and really any toys or anything you no longer use that would be good for a school- I SO greatly appreciate anything anyone can contribute- every little bit really helps out and if someone has something in their closet that isn't being used and they would like to donate- it will be put to good use! Thank you guys again for being so awesome! Oh, and there's an Open House on Thursday August 20 at 6pm- I'm PRAYING my materials make it here by then!!! thank you guys for everything and for just being awesome!