Monday, May 3, 2010

May Presidency Message
It has been about a month since changes were made to most of your visiting teaching routes. I hope that all has been running smoothly and that you are getting to know the new sisters that you have watch care over. Often we overlook some of the very people that we can benefit, or benefit most from our visiting teaching companions. I have a testimony of visiting teaching today because of a companion I had 13 years ago. Her example of service, love and determination laid a foundation for the faith I have today. Eileen and I had nothing in common. She was 72 and I was 22. I had no children, she had 5 and 25 grandkids. She was a widow, I was a newlywed. She was retired, I worked full-time. There wasn't really anything compatible about our lives or schedules. However, she had a love for the sisters on our routes and she loved me. I knew she loved me because she was kind even when I was difficult to work with. I knew she loved me because she showed me charity even when I disappointed her. I felt the pure love of Jesus Christ from Eileen and it changed my life. I don't remember much about my VT route 13 years ago, but I remember my companion! Never underestimate the effect you can have on those you visit teach or visit teach with. Who will you influence today?
--Carrie Pingel, RS President

No comments: